Before You Start:
Step 1: Plug in your MyMENSCH via USB
Use a micro USB cable to plug your MyMENSCH Development Board into your computer. This will both power the board and provide a WDCTools development interface. The MyMENSCH has a built-in simple operating system called a Monitor which is located in the CFM. The Monitor is always there and is the built-in interface that is all you need to get started with the WDCTools and your first project.
Step 2: Setting Up Your Coding Environment
Install WDCTools and set update preferences with installer. WDCTools is NOT for resale or reverse engineering of our technology in any form and is NOT provided for development of commercial products that use non–WDC 65xx processors in Core or Chip form.
* Find WDCTools Support videos on YouTube
Step 3: Running a Demo Program
- Text Editor-Select a text editor that works best for your needs it very important to ensuring that your code generation works as expected. There are many option which include both commercial and free versions. We suggest if you are looking for a free editor Notepad ++.
- Batch Files – WDC provides sample batch files within WDCTools to get you started. You can find these by going into your Start Menu, scroll to MyMENSCH WDCTools and identifying the file you want to use. The batch file calls the assembler, linker, and uploader tools. If you are using Linux, you will want to create a make file with similar commands.
- Python Uploader– Once the batch file runs, the demo will assemble, link and the Uploader will launch.
- Writing your Program– You can use the included demo folder to write your own projects. Launch File Explorer and navigate to the project you want to change. The projects are within C:\WDC\MyMENSCH\. Edit the *.ASM file
- Upload Program– Once your changes to the ASM file are made, save your changes, then rerun the BAT file.
Advanced Development for Commercial Products
We at The Western Design Center pride ourselves in our private and confidential relationship development. In order to best support Commercial Product Developers we have created a private GitHub and Wiki to support your product development. Access to this resource will provide you with Documentation, Design Files, and Code Examples for the W65Cx65MMC “MyMENSCH” development platform while also creating a supported relationship with the WDC business and technology development teams.
To start your Commercial Product Developer access request please download the WDC NDA below, review and sign the NDA and email it to Sales@WesternDesignCenter.com.
Advance Development Items Needed:
FPGA Development Tools:
Download and install Quartus Prime Lite Edition available from Intel here.
- Quartus Tools are only available for Windows and Linux.
- See the following Quartus OS and hardware requirements.
- This should include ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition and Max 10 FPGA device support.